The Commerce Department has an Entrepreneurial Development Club, which was started in 2004. It is a consortium of students and faculties of commerce department of St. Aloysius College, who share a common goal of fostering the Entrepreneurial spirit. We promote entrepreneurial activities, support new venture creation among our members. From the inception itself, it made its own imprints by conducting various talks, seminars, workshops, industrial visits etc.
Objectives of the ED Club:
• To give awareness about the importance of entrepreneurship in the country.
• To inculcate entrepreneurial skill in the students.
• To conduct interview with the entrepreneurs in the nearby locality.
• To conduct industrial visits to various small scale &village industries in the nearby locality.
The Commerce Department has an Economic Times Club, which was started in 2006. It has been co-ordinated by India’s leading business daily, ‘The Economic Times’ with the purpose to provide students with practical knowledge in Economics, commerce, investment opportunities and the financial growth of the country. The club is conducting various activities like business quizzes, essay competition on current topics on various subject related to commerce and conducts state and national level seminars. Under the aegis of Economic Times Club conduct some camps, which is intended to extent support to students who attend job interviews for the first time. This will boost the moral courage and confidence of its members who intended to look out for avenues for a better future.
Objectives of the ET Club
• To inculcate the reading habits among students
• To promote the communication, presentation and personality development of the students
• To promote team work among the students